Following the Prime Minister’s latest statement on the 22nd of September 2020 we would like to reassure our visitors that Gisborough Priory remains open as normal from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Wednesdays to Sundays and will remain open until we are due to close on the 1st of November 2020, other cirumstances permitting.
Prebooking is not required, although we have had to change the way we do various other things.
- Using the track and trace system either through the NHS COVID-19 App or by giving your contact details to the custodian on duty.
- There are no toilets on site. There are public toilets in the Northgate car park (about 5 minutes walk) and many cafes, pubs and bars in the town centre remain open.
- The Priory is a large site and there should be little difficulty in maintaining a safe distance generally. However, the entrance and exit are still both via the narrow door next to the parish church. Visitors must ensure, when approaching the door, that social distancing is maintained.
- Visitors are not allowed into the Custodian’s Office. There are instructions on site as to how to contact the Custodian if the Custodian is in the hut or elsewhere on the site.
- We are not allowed to give you leaflets. However, you can download our leaflet with a map of the site, highlighting points of interest, free of charge.
- The official English Heritage guidebook to Gisborough Priory is available to buy on site. The cost is £3.50 and we only accept cash payments currently. The guide book may also be purchased from Guisborough Book Shop on Chaloner Street, in the town centre, or online from English Heritage.
Other than that the Priory remains open as usual and we look forward to welcoming you back.